The LCC is a volunteer organization, appointed by the Selectboard, that receives funding from the Massachusetts Cultural Council. Annually we review grant applications from individuals, schools, and organizations for arts, humanties and the interpretive science projects that provide a local public benefit.
Some Facts About Cultural Councils
- State funds are provided to every Massachusetts community to support grassroots cultrual activities-that's 329 LCCs serving 351 cities and towns.
- In Fiscal Year 2005, LCCs awarded approximately $2 million in grants and funded more than 4,000 projects.
- 2,600 private citizen volunteers donate countless hours to administer the LCC Program in their communities.
- Almost half of LCC funds support educational activities for children in the arts, humanities and sciences.
- Rhonda Wainshilbaum, Chair
- Lewis Becker
- Pat Williams
- Michele Higgins
- Cornelia Reid